Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm gonna kick your a$$ for God...

Caution! This post will probably offend someone. Get over it!

In I Corinthians 9:22 Paul states that "I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.". There's been some interesting interpretations of that verse over the years to justify all kinds of activity but here's one I didn't see coming - professional wrestling for Jesus. Over here you can see the likes of Jesse "War Daddy" Stone, who's finishing move is appropriately called "the apocalyptic clutch."




Our local newspaper, the Portland Oregonian, reports that many such organizations are springing up all over, and a simple Google search brings up these fine individuals laying their lives on the line and going to the mat for the sake of the Gospel:


  1. The Sermonater
  2. The Ouchbishop
  3. Painin' Abel
  4. John the Whaptist
  5. Stone Cold Moses
  6. The Bible Thumper
  7. Beelzebubba
  8. Butterbean the Baptizer
  9. The Abrahammer
  10. Jerry Brawlwell
  11. Yeeeoow!weh
  12. Clouting Thomas
  13. The Beatitudinator
  14. Mary Manglin'
  15. Apostle Creed
  16. Wrathsheeba
  17. The Ecclesiasskicker
  18. The Bad Samaratin
  19. Thomas the Tribulator
  20. Jesus, that Hurt
My favorite is "John the Whaptist". If only I was making this stuff up.