Thursday, February 28, 2008

Name these guys and win a prize.

This picture is significant for two reasons. The first reason is that one of these gentlemen greatly influenced my life. The other is that this picture was taken in the year I was born, 1957. Who do you think they are?

Hint: The picture was taken in Spain, and their last names both start with "D".




I'm not sure yet what the prize might be. Maybe a rock, or a leaf. I'm going green. Think real hard before you scroll down for the answer.

































Answer: The two men are Walt Disney and Salvador Dali. Growing up in Southern California, some of my fondest and earliest memories were going to Disneyland. Mom and Dad would bundle us up in the car, get us all excited about going to Disneyland. Dad would then drive around until he found a burned down warehouse and exclaim "oh my gosh kids! Disneyland burned down!" He would drive us home as we cried.


Seriously though, the Magic Kingdom visits were are wonderful part of growing up. I still tear up remembering the Matterhorn emerging from the smog. Or maybe it was just the smog that made me tear up. I would have loved to hear what Walt and Salvador talked about!