Monday, June 18, 2007

The Next Literary Superstar

My niece is better than your niece. I know we all think that, but that is a tautology without peer in Jessica's case. She wants to be a doctor when she grows up, an admirable aspiration which we encourage. However, the reason I believe that she is superior to all other six year old girls is due to her literary prowess. She does not squander her formidable intellect on vacuous tripe like "see spot run". It's not an overstatement to say that she surpasses even Dickens, Dostoevsky and Dr. Seuss. Well, enough introduction - let her words speak for themselves. Grab a tissue and a cup of tea, and be prepared to weep at the unfolding drama of love fulfilled, from the eyes of a six year old.


NOTE: Jessica does not need the constraints of paragraphs to box her in, therefore I'm recreating her words in the way that she actually transcribed this story. the result is a few words that create a looooong post so get ready to scroll, gentle reader. Also, I've preserved her spelling and added the correct word in paranthetical form. Let us now begin.




Chapter One:

One day

a girl

came

by she

said

that

I

look

cool

Chapter Two:

The girl saw

me and

then

she

asked

me

if

I

wanted

to

go

on

a

date


Chapter Three:


Then

she

asked me

what

my

name

was

and

I

said

it

was

Billy

Chapter Four:


That

moment

I

felt

super

cool

she

looked

at

me

and

I

loved

her

eyes

Chapter Five:

Then

I

went

home

the

girl

stayed

thier (there)

I

thout (thought)

she

was

butfloe (beautiful)

Chapter Six:

That

day

we

got

meryd (married)

we

wher (were)

so

happy

Chapter Seven

Then

we

had

chigrin (children)

it

was

so

fun

having

babys (babies)

Chapter Eight:


And

the

next

day

the

mail

came

and

I

said

honny (honey)

could

you

get

that

Chapter Nine:

She

is

so

cool

I

love

you

foo

ever (forever)

you

are

your

the

cool

list

wife

Chapter Ten:

Then

we

whent (went)

too (to)

bed

so

did

the

kids

the

next

moring (morning)

we

had

breakfast