Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dream Diary #2

I dreamt that I was with 3 close friends - Tyler, Scott and Misti. I worked with Tyler and Scott in a machine shop when I first moved to Portland. Tyler was a radical dude who was always on the edge of some delinquent endeavor, he was the epitome of cool. Scott was about 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide - he was like a small version of the incredible Hulk. One time we were horsing around and I grabbed his arm. He quickly squeezed his bicep, literally trapping my fingers between his bicep and ham hocked forearm like a vise. I flailed around and tried to escape as he laughed like a maniac. Later on I got my revenge by coming up behind him and slamming his head into a locker. Ah yes, the good old days.

I met Misti at my second Portland job at US Bank. She's been a close friend for many years and we shared a lot of fun adventures. Misti is very pretty, and one day she had broken her ankle and asked if I could help her to her car after work. We worked on the 3rd floor of a building on a night shift and usually bounded up and down the stairs. We got into the elevator and I thought I had pushed the first floor, but we descended to the basement. The door opened and Misti and I were confused, expecting to see the lobby. A janitor happened to be right in front of the door as it opened and was startled to see ugly Dave and beautiful Misti. This next part is rated PG-13 so let the reader beware. I asked if we could get off there, and he stared and said "you can get off wherever you want". OK, maybe our interpretation was taken in the wrong sense but Misti and I cracked up at the double entendre. I can barely remember family birthdays but I always remember Misti's - January 23. It's as easy as 1-2-3! Misti often calls to remind me that my mom's birthday is imminent.


Well, that's probably more background that you need but I am fond of them. Anyway, on to the dream! In my dream Tyler, Scott, Misti and I were working on an oil well. We were wearing yellow hard hats. Suddenly, the drill found purchase and a fountain of black crude erupted and drenched us. I clearly remember us holding hands and jumping up and down like kids as oil showered us and ran off our yellow hard hats. "We're rich!" we screamed, stomping our legs in glee again like kids stomp through a mud puddle.

Not bad so far, right? Well hold on to your yellow hard hats because it gets really weird. It was a dream within a dream, as I found myself chatting with Tyler, Scott and Misti and recounting to them the dream about the oil well and our newfound riches. We all laughed and joked about how nice it would have been to be rich. I know, it's hard to follow - it's like a nested dream, a dream within a dream. Pretty weird, eh?