Sunday, March 19, 2006

Isn't it ironic

I like a song by Alanis Morrisette called Ironic. Here's a sample of the lyrics:

An old man turned ninety-eight,
He won the lottery and died the next day,
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay,
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late. And isn't it ironic...dontcha think

OK, it may be a little dark but I still like it. I had a moment of irony that actually brought me to laughter a few days ago. Our neighbors were taking their very first vacation ever away from the kids (ages 19, 17 & 14 - or close to that!). Before they departed we were having a driveway chat and I emphasized that the kids could come over any time of the day or night should they have a problem or need some help.

Here's the irony - this from a guy who fell of his roof in January and whose wife caught the house on fire last year! I think they laughed all the way to Phoenix about that. But we're here for you, and isn't it ironic!