Friday, December 08, 2006

Name my Band

I have a recurring fantasy where I'm a rock star. With my long mane of hair whipping around as my fingers move so fast on the stratocaster that Eddie Van Halen would be purple with envy I'd fill arenas all across America. There are some hilarious and creative names for rock groups, my favorite being Rick Digger and the Refried Loquats.

It would be kind of hard though to hold on to my modest values and be a superstar at the same time. Therefore, instead of making people pay to come to my concerts, I'll pay them to come to my concerts! My co-workers would probably be in agreement that that's the only way I'll ever get to sing in public anyway.

I was walking Kadie the wonder dog a few days ago and looking at Christmas decorations. I noticed this big inflatable Santa who had apparently sprung a leak and was sprawled across a roof looking like he had imbibed in a little too much holiday cheer. Suddenly a gust of wind caused one of his legs to move in a lifelike fashion, startling me. Then, Santa moved in a manner that suggested death was imminent and gave me inspiration for the name of my band:

Dave Mundt and the Dead Santas


Are you ready to rock? Coming soon to an arena near you!