Monday, October 30, 2006

Now that's a dessert!

Sherry holds a nutrition/weight loss class at our home on Wednesday nights. I usually sequester myself in my home office, and eavesdrop a little bit whilst consuming my frozen pizza. Sherry would kill me if she even knew I was considering the following "destination dessert" served at Le Pigeon (Portland, OR). Now if I can convince my doctor that I need to bring my cholesterol levels up a skosh:

"Young Turk chef Cabriel Rucker begins with a philosophy: desserts shouldn't be too sweet, and a few unexpected savory notes wouldn't hurt a bit. His corn bread, mixed with minced apricots, has a soft cakey crumble. The ample block arrives with creamy maple ice cream, all hit with little cubes of warm, salty bacon to get the melting process - and the adventure - going. All this, plus maple syrup drizzles plumped with bacon fat".

Yummy, I can almost feel the fat just sliding right into my cells with nary a word of introduction.