Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dream Diary #5

I dreamt I was in Hawaii with my Ford Ranger pickup. I had gone to a popular outside bar & grill, but was wondering why it was so popular. Although the warm breeze and swaying of the plam trees as I sat outside under an umbrella sipping a lava flow captured the essence of the islands, the scenery was somewhat limited. The bar & grill was on the canyon floor, if you will; with a towering condominium on one side and the enormous side of a cruise liner forming the other wall. It was a very narrow space at the bottom that the establishment sat.


It was for the reason of the limited view that I decided to leave. I went out to my truck and as I approached on the passenger side, little reddish spiders began falling like rain on the truck and then all over me. I panicked and unlocked the passenger door to slide over to the driver's side, brushing spiders off of me in a frenzy. As I opened the door though and got in the truck an enormous yellowjacket wasp followed me in. As if taunting me, he perched on the window button so I couldn't open the window. I sped off, and he moved; and I punched the button and as the window lowered he was swept out of the truck.


I drove on a road that sooned turned into a frontage road paralleling a freeway. In between the frontage road and the freeway was a large area about a quarter mile wide where off road riders would cavort in the dirt. I thought "why not" and swung the truck off road. I powered up a hill and clouds of dust began to fly. As the truck began to slip sideways I stopped by a family having a picnic. Rather than being offended by the dust now settling on their fried chicken and lemonade, the father began explaining to his son how I would soon need to put the truck into four wheel drive. We had a nice chat. As I drove up the hill the dream changed and I was out of my truck and onto a four wheeler. The dust turned powdery and the front wheels began to churn a circular ring of dust as they rotated and pounded the dust into powder.


I can see all of this that I just related to you in remarkable clarity and color. Then I woke up.