Friday, October 05, 2007

Dream Diary #4

I dreamt that I was in a mash up combination of locales. Somehow I was in the Portland area, but then connected to Hawaii also. I don't know which island. I had ridden my bike out to Sherwood (a town about 15 miles from my home in Tigard) but not taken a water bottle with me, which never happens. I got lost in Sherwood (which did happen one day while on a 17 mile run) and as I was not carrying any water I became extremely thirsty.


In my seat bag I had a tiny bottle of eyedrops. I drank it. Then I was rummaging around behind a store and saw a plastic bottle. It turned out to be one of those blue ice bottle things that you chuck in the freezer and then put in your cooler. It was thawed and I opened it and took a whiff thinking it might satiate my thirst. Hmmm, no - the advent of a slow painful poison death was attached to the viscous threat.

There was a water hose also behind the store, thankfully I was able to assuage the threat of imminent dehydration.

Realizing that I should not pedal home in that fragile state, I decided to take a train. I was then on a commuter train station in Hawaii. I got on the train with my bike by way of the very last car, and decided to walk to the front of the train. The train was something like a mile long, and at last when I made my way into the front car I was exhausted and thirsty again. I reached up to grab a hand rail to support myself, and the conductor threw me a bone chilling nasty look.

I decided it was time to go for a little walk. I left the train, consciously leaving my bike on the train knowing I would come back for it. I walked across the street with the caress of a warm breeze on my face and palm trees swaying back and forth. There was a little park area and a curb where water was running down the street. Suddenly there was an explosion of noise and a guy on a jet ski punched out of the water and onto the street! Engine revving he screeched his way across the asphalt. Some bystanders who were apparently locals exclaimed that they hate it when he does that.

I thought it would be a nice walk back to the end of the train, staying on the same side of the street there was a groomed path through the tropical vegetation. I walked and I walked and I walked and realized I had to again cross the street to access the train.

But there was barbed wire blocking my way! I came across an odd looking gate, some kind of contraption. The opening was too small for me to fit through, so I continued walking. I heard some voices behind me, and turned to see a guy and a girl, tucking themselves through the gate.

I ran back to them and asked for help. "Sorry", the guy explained; "this gate is a mantrap and will crush you if you attempt to get through it".

Then I woke up.