Friday, January 19, 2007

Putting the Quality in Assurance

I use a networking tool that I find very helpful called LinkedIn. Every now and then I surf former places of employment or do a name search to see if anyone I know is a member.

A few days ago I found a person whose profile indicated proficiency in quality assurance. In the software development world QA provides the function of checking work that the engineers produce to ensure that the specifications were met and to undercover any potential "bugs" or defects. I tell you that because QA is a very precise endeavor and attention to detail is paramount.

This particular individual (I did not know him) had provided his job title as:

Quality Asserance Manager

I feel reassered that the software he is in charge of testing will werk jest fine.