Friday, November 24, 2006

Of cops, donuts and machine guns

My anonymous friend who will remain anonymous is the captain of the police force in an anonymous city here in an anonymous state (OK, Orygun where the willuhmutt river flows freely on it's journey to the Superfund passage).


My friend teaches machine gun tactics and safety. How cool is that? Let's look at the gradution photo of a recent live fire exercise:

Ahh, there's nothing like a man and his machine gun! Please note that the scenario resulting in the carnage (get it? car-nage? ha ha ha) above was a hypothetical hostage situation. The lesson learned from this is: you never, ever want to be taken hostage in Oregon!

There is also an interesting visual in this picture. Police officers are subject to stereotyping, and if I may be so bold to point out (at the risk of a plethora of MP-5s pointed at my posterier) that an abundance of donuts fueled the day of machine gun fun.

Wish I was there.