Tuesday, November 21, 2006

All I want for Christmas

For the third year, I post my Christmas wish list. For the third year, I only ask for one item. For the third year, it involves wheels. For the third year, I don't think I'm going to receive it. For the third year, I'll ask anyway! Here's what I wanted the last two years but didn't get:

The baddest muscle car to ever reign on asphalt.
Compared to this, a Hummer is a kiddy sissy Tonka truck.

How could I top those? OK Santa - make my day. Just like many kids out there, I would like a bicycle please. Just a bicycle. That's all, no 'ultimate' car or truck. The only thing that separates this bike from others - the price tag. You can by a great bike for $2,700.00. You could by a most excellent bike for $4,700.00. You could probably buy a TDF ready bike (this is an assumption) for $7,500.00.

What do you think you can get for $23,225.00? Yep, twenty three thousand and two hundred twenty five dollars. Now that's a bike!

This bike as you can imagine is very special. Of course, custom paint and hand built wheels are what you would expect. You would also expect a geometrically fitted bike. Well, now let's stretch the limits of imagination - how about pedals with hand-laid copper gilding, aluminum-titanium-nitride-coated ti axles with ceramic bearings? Not enough you say? Okay, let's also hand bevel the carbon fibreLyte rear derailleur cage and top cap to better match the bike's lines. Still not enough to justify the price you say? Let's slap a 1,000 gram wheelset onto the bike. Yes, that is only ONE THOUSAND GRAMS!


Total weight of the bike? How about 13.5 pounds. THIRTEEN AND A HALF POUNDS! Think I'll get one?!?!?