Thursday, February 02, 2006

Seeking the Unfriendly Seekers

So, I'm approaching our church on Sunday - walking through the parking lot in the rain with my head down, I noticed a license plate frame that had some cute little saying like:

Angels are watching over me

Aww, isn't that cute? I had to pause though to ponder the meaning - was it supposed to purport that image of a delicate little angel wearing diapers helping a birdie meant to represent the fragility of the human race? Or, should it raise the visage of the archangel Michael, sword drawn and refelecting the light of God from the polished blade ready to strike at the enemy (if I had a custom license plate frame about angels it would probably say something like "my guardian angel beat up your guardian angel".


Well, as I got closer to the church yet another customized license plate frame came into view. This one though had no pretense of "churchianity" and did not care that it's driver was worshiping in a house of God. It simply said:

Kiss my A$$

Well, none of the church staff will admit that it is their car. Perhaps it is yours?!?!