Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Search results from Google you don't want to see

I've enjoyed relatively good health until recently, and rarely availed myself of the service of my Primary Care Physician, Dr. Thomas Firth. He's an awesome doctor, and has been the only one I've seen in my 26 years in Portland, albeit on a pentagonal schedule! I suppose then 5 visits is not too much, but hey - I like the guy.

The net result is that I never know his phone number and have to look it up. Dr. Firth practices at Providence Hospital, so into google typed I the following search criteria:

providence thomas firth


The very first result said this:

The defendant, Thomas Firth (Firth), stands convicted on one count of first-degree murder by a Providence County Superior Court jury.

It seems the good doctor has and evil doppleganger! I'll confess my heart skipped just a teeny beat. But let me reassure you, the Thomas Firth I know would never roll into a convenience store parking lot in an old beater station wagon and blow away the victim with a shotgun. I hope!