Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dream Diary



I dreamt that Sherry and I were guests at a big barbecue hosted by Dog the Bounty Hunter. It was an enormous affair, replete with many guests arriving in hot rods and choppers.

I had just bought a chopped and channeled fenderless 1932 Deuce Coupe, with a Chevy 427 big block fed by an 850 CFM double pumper, dual feed Holley carburetor.

Why is this level of detail significant? I dream in color, and the air cleaner was painted candy apple red like the rest of the car. I knew the motor was a big block bowtie, I the cylinder heads (from my time spent in an automotive machine shop) topped with Moroso gold anodized valve covers.

I remember a light rain was falling on the way to the bbq. I was fearful that the plug wires, not being shielded by a hood and fenders would allow moisture to get in and kill a few plugs. I thought I would stop by an auto parts store and get some WD-40 to spray in the wire ends if I needed to but then the drizzle stopped.

The party was attended by a large mob of people. I walked over to what appeared to be a space age porta-potty. There were a few people line waiting to use it. A guy poked me in the ribs and said it was a trick porta-potty. He said 'watch this'. Someone walked in, closed the door and commenced with their business. All of a sudden the door went transparent! Everyone laughed.

Suddenly, I was walking through a gauntlet of guests. The weird thing was that every single one of them had a dog on a leash. The dogs were snarling and whimpering as I walked by. The reason for their aggresive or fearful behavior is what was on the end of the leash I was carrying! I had a young lion with it's head held high, calmly surveying the canine cabal. Dog the Bounty Hunter thought that was hilarious.

Then I woke up.