Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dream Diary

Many of my dreams involve water. I suppose that's natural as I love the water, love to swim. If I believed in reincarnation I'd probably be a dolphin.

Anyway, last night's installment had Sherry, Kadie (our beloved dog) and I camping at a lake. Kadie had wandered off and we were frantically looking for her. The lake was huge, and one end was shallow and there about 40 adults and kids swimming in roughly a 5 acre expanse. All of a sudden, people started screaming. A monster had eaten one of the kids, and then disappeared! Everyone got out of the water as quickly as they could. We all looked hard at the lake, and then someone spotted movement on the bottom. Emerging from the mud was an enormous snake, probably 60-75 feet long. It was black with red stripes. It swam from the bottom to the shore, and then attacked a small village on the perimeter of the lake.

It thrashed it's tail and smashed houses and threw cars into the air. We were all petrified in fear. The snake slowly moved to us, and then raised up out of the water and we could see that it was not really a snake but some kind of a lizard. It began very politely talking to people, introducing itself and letting us know it really wasn't that bad. It moved down a line of people and then to me.

The snake/lizard looked at me and I said "wow, you are really strong to knock down a whole village". The thing smiled shyly and said "yeah I suppose I am. Watch this - I'll lift you up!" He then proceeded to grasp me under my armpits and hoist me into the air. He exclaimed "don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." He then put me down with nary a scratch or bruise.

Then I woke up.