Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dream Diary

I dreamt I was trying to get to a destination. I can't remember where it was, or maybe in my dream the destination was never revealed to me. I was traversing a trail up a mountain, and it began to snow. I lost the trail and turned back, and saw a guy on another trail that I had not seen, paralleling the trail I was on. We chatted for a few minutes and he told me that the trail he was on would get to the place I was going, but it skirted the mountain and the lower elevation allowed for the abscence of snowy conditions.

I reached a point where the trail ended, and there were several guys on a treasure hunt. They were looking for a fortune that had been lost and believed they knew the location. We spoke for a few minutes comparing ideas and then I continued my journey.

The trail ended at a body of water that was man made. It was like a big lake, surrounded by a kind of shopping center or mall; similar to the Streets of Tanasbourne or Bridgeport, some upscale stores in the Portland area with an open, 'village' setting.

To get to the stores, I needed to swim. The water was bitterly, bone chilling cold but the clarity was amazing. I could see every detail down to the bottom. It was filled with all kinds of tropical fish that were amazing colors - I remember clearly one fish that was as big as a Volkswagen with blue and yellow stripes. There was another fish that had a horn like a unicorn, it had big brown eyes like a deer.

There was a concrete ledge about 20 feet below me. There were two guys walking along on the ledge (it was about 15 feet wide) talking animatedly. They seemed to be friends, and were wearing what appeared to be medieval clothing. I could hear their voices but not understand the words.

Soon I arrived at the stores, and pulled myself out of the water. I was so cold and my teeth were chattering as I stood outside a restaurant. A waiter came out, he was dressed all in white with a white apron. I asked him if I could have an extra apron to dry off with. He said, sure and walked back into the restaurant...

...and then I woke up.