Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Dream Diary

I dreamt that we lived in exclusive suburban neighborhood street, and the street was carpeted with a fine layer of leaves. I decided to sweep up some of the leaves in front of our house. I was using a tiny whisk broom. Whisk, whisk, whisk I went. Soon I had our area cleared. I decided I would go up the street. There I was, on my hands and knees; whisk whisk whisk.

Soon I was in front of a neighbor's house. She saw me and came out very offended, turns out she likes the leaves in front of her house. A mild verbal fracas ensued, but then she said she was sorry. I offered to take her trash out to the curb, and she was pleased and we both were on a good footing again.

She said that she was having a party in the back of the house and asked me to join. I said that I'd be delighted. She headed around back. I suppose I was still a bit irritated over the incident, and I put some 3o weight (it might have been 10-40) engine oil on her fenceposts.

There were about 15-20 people or so in the back, a radio was playing and the BBQ was going. Laughing, drinking, talking in the sunshine - it was a wonderful scene.

I asked if I could use her bathroom, and she invited me to use the master bath upstairs, she had just remodeled it. It was a beautiful facility, and since I was sweaty and dirty from whisking I decided to take a bath. I cleaned up, toweled off, put my clothes back on and rejoined the party.

Suddenly, some of the guests began talking into their sleeves! They were undercover CIA and FBI agents! Apparently, there was a plot to overthrow the government or something along those lines. Undercover agents disguised as suburban housewives and weekend warrior dads jumped over the fences from adjoining yards, soon there was like 50 agents crammed into the now-tiny back yard.

Suddenly, water began flowing out of the house, onto a balcony and then to the ground. I had neglected to turn off the bathtub faucet! The confusion caused the agents to all start running around.

And then I woke up.